Making office yoga exercises a part of your routine can work wonders as they wipe away body pain, fatigue and tension and increase overall muscle strength and flexibility, keeping you fresh and revitalized through the day. The exercises don’t demand much time, and can be done in spurts throughout the day, sparing you from unnecessary discomfort in the long run.
Suggestion: If you are wearing tight, uncomfortable footwear remove them before starting the stretches. You may also wish to loosen your tie and belt.
Here are a five office yoga exercises you could try for a start.
- Close your eyes.
- Let your chin drop down to your chest.
- Begin the circular motion of your neck slowly, by moving the right ear to the right shoulder, taking the head backwards and then bringing the left ear to the left shoulder.
- Keep your shoulders loose and relax.
- Rotate your neck 3-5 times and then switch directions.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Bring both hands on your knees.
- While inhaling, stretch your back backwards and look towards the ceiling.
- While exhaling, stretch your back forward and drop your head forward.
- Repeat this exercise for 3-5 breaths.
Seated Forward Bend
- Push your chair away from your desk.
- Remaining seated, keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Take your arms behind the lower back, keep your back straight and interlace your fingers behind your back.
- Bending forward from the waist, bring your interlaced hands over your back.
- Rest your chest on your thighs and relax your neck.
- Stretch your arms straight in front of your body and parallel to the floor. Palms facing the ceiling.
- Cross your right arm over the left (bend your arm slightly at the elbow if needed). Bring both palms together.
- Lift both elbows. The shoulders slide down your back.
- Repeat this exercise with the left arm over the right.
Seated Spinal Twist
- Sit sideways in your chair.
- Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Holding the back of the chair with both hands, twist your waist to the right towards the back of the chair.
- Turn to the other side. Repeat this exercise a few more times.
- Keep your elbows on your desk and place your hands on your temples.
- With small circular motions gently rub your temples first clockwise and then anti-clockwise.
- Do this for 10 – 15 long deep breaths.
After these few yoga exercises get a cup of Authentic Garden Fresh Green Tea with rich in anti-oxidants which will help you reduce your stress level with giving you refreshment feel. This power packed everyday routine will never make you stressed and tired at workplaces. Green Tea is natural source of anti-oxidants which helps you boost your immune system and provides overall health benefits.
Source : Art of Living